Dedicated to EOS cameras, the EF200mm f/2L
IS USM is a high-performance telephoto lens
equipped with an Image Stabilizer.
• "IS" stands for Image Stabilizer.
• "USM" stands for Ultrasonic Motor.
1. The Image Stabilizer gives the equivalent
effect of a shutter speed five stops faster*.
The lens also has a second image stabilizer
mode that is optimized for following shots of
2. With fluorite and UD lens elements,
outstanding image delineation is obtained.
3. Ultrasonic motor (USM) for quick and quiet
4. Manual focusing is available after the subject
comes into focus in autofocus mode (ONE
5. The AF Stop button for stopping the AF
operation at anytime.
6. Focus preset enables you to focus instantly at
a preset distance.
7. A truly round aperture hole results in a nicer
8. The lens is compatible with Extender EF1.4X ll
and EF2X ll.
9. Tight seal structure ensures excellent dust-
proof and drip-proof performance.
. Designed for lighter weight with major parts
made of magnesium alloy.
* Based on [1/focal length] second. Generally, it requires
a shutter speed [1/focal length] second or faster to
prevent camera shake.
Thank you for purchasing a Canon product.
Conventions used in this instruction
Warning to prevent lens or camera malfunction
Supplementary notes on using the lens and